And that's why we are posting yet another Kindermusik blog, about our very last jam session with Miss "Sany", as Lia now calls her music teacher. Our day started with a six mile long road trip with Brandy behind the wheel and continued with 50 minutes of musical delight with Brandy behind the towel (in front of the sleigh). The Peanuts are quite used to being chauffered...
Here they are on cloud nine, the fluffiest of all clouds reserved for lovers. Oh no, the white puff is actually snow. My mistake.
Lia and Lorenzo starring in "The Nutcracker":

As Lia's last class also happened to be the last class of this semester, Miss Sandy had organized a cookie exchange. The note she had handed out the week before literally announced a "cookie" exchange (in the singular). In the German tradition of 'wichteln' where you wrap one crappy present to be exchanged for another (even crappier one), I actually went to the store to buy a cookie. It all made perfect sense to me as American cookies are extremely oversized. Thank God I told Brandy about it before showing up at Kindermusik with my nicely wrapped cookie (of course you are supposed to bring a whole batch. Dah.). She looked at me in total disbelief before bursting into tears of laughter. It's all about tears these days...
Watch the Peanuts having a jumping jack flash! (video)



6 comments:
...bin immer wieder begeistert von Lias Tanzerei!!! so goldig!! LG, Su
haha ... such a rock chick. so cute.
Listen up EVERYBODY! ESPECIALLY Nirite! The German tradition of WICHTELN is the anonymous exchange of NICE caring and thoughtful presents! The odd cynical version of the gift giving game, SCHROTT (Trash)WICHTELN is something rather different. If you get your American traditions wrong (one cookie, pah!), let me fix you on your German ones.
Which reminds me. Can you please bring me some festive American M&Ms? By which I obviously mean 3 kilo?
First of all, the paper said Cookie Exchange yes...but on further inspection and if she would have read the entire sheet...Nirite would have discovered that it stated "share your favorite BATCH of cookies!"
So when I got into her car and found a lovely (large) chocolate chip cookie all wrapped in a pretty package I thought it was for me. Nirite, "Yes, so you don't have to go out and get a cookie for the exchange tomorrow." (insert big smile on part of nirite.)
Me, "Uh, are you joking?"
Her, "what?"
Me, "You're seriously going to bring ONE cookie to exchange"
Her, puzzled look.
Me, "HA HA HA HA HA HA"
(I stop breathing and slightly pee...she has leather, not to worry.)
Just FYI, I ate that cookie and ended up buying 2 dozen cookies for the both of us.
Who buys cookies for me? I did, after all, also trade a correction of a misreporesented piece of cultural information for it, didn't I? Do I have to get my own brownies of what?
Brandy, go and do your Pilates pelvic ploor exercises. Ditch story reading. HOP HOP! Peeing is unattractive, the leather is on its way to Germany, and you can't pee that far and wide! Swap me a batch of American cookies for a pelvic toner thing? What'cha say!
Post a Comment