We are counting
11 months, 4 - 6 teeth, 1 head full of wild hair, and 0 steps!
Is my little guy really about to turn 1? Crazy.
Is my little guy really about to turn 1? Crazy.

Baby is taking major steps into manhood. So far only figuratively speaking, as Ben likes very much to stand on his own two feet and not move an inch. I am a bit surprised that he isn't out jogging in the neighborhood, but the little guy is standing strong. I have a feeling that perfectionism runs in our family, and when Ben is ready, he'll simply get up and walk out the front door unannounced. So far, he enjoys our assistance and walks with us when we hold his hands, or he will push Lia's pink toy box to get places. Ben has become a major stacker and sorter, which now means that I have two wonderful little helpers rearranging and reorganizing our household. Errr, car keys, anyone? Things are changing rapidly, and so the little man has been promoted to phone assistant. Ben is now taking our phonecalls and enthusiastically spits at the caller whenever he gets a chance.
"Dadldadl" is his favorite word besides "mamamam", which, however, does not stand for 'Mama' but for food. He loves to eat, not with the same passion as Lia used to at his age, but he does appreciate a hearty meal and an occasional pea. But the slippery little suckers don't always end up in Ben's mouth...

Launching peas, potatoes, and carrots across the kitchen. Yay!

With his big blue eyes and his index finger Ben takes in the world around him and expresses his delight with a loud "da!" when he sees something he likes. And he very much likes his sister, and never fails to point that out.

A feeling that is mutual. What a relief..

Ben loves life, and he is quite the little adventurer. And while he is building up leg muscles, we are glad to take him places so that he can look over our shoulder and discover the world.
Ready!


12 comments:
Go!
...and get a NEW haircut... What on earth is going on with photo #2? Ben, benebenebenbenben BEN! BENE!
Brandy, that foto is sweet!
And here in Germany people tend to keep their babies from the hairdresser as long as possible. Especially if they have such lovely curls!
He is GORGEOUS! If he hasn't been promised to Francesca yet, I think Ida would immediatel love in love. (Just like myself...)
See, I'm so in love, I can't even write anymore...but I guess you understand it anyway.
Such a cute little boy. I'm having flashbacks of Lia when I see the picture of him with a phone ... *sigh*
Sorry Ida, he is indeed Francesca's man...girly curls and all.
Darn it. :) But he'd be too young for her anyway, I guess.
Hair? What happened to his LEGS I say, in the last picture? Has he stood on them for so long he sunk into the floor? Sue the builders! THEN (years later, after a long trial) get a nice hair cut from the most expensive hair dresser in the country. Best of both worlds... Alex (on not-a-blackberry in bed but couldn't wait to morning)
Also, i'm with everyone else. Somehow i have the cutest baby boy, but you too! It's very confusing. Very very. Especially at night, in bed, and without a black berry. (And now, can y'all please nip over to my blog and leave me a comment too?) Alex again
...And ESPECIALLY since no one can figure out if you have another GIRL or a BOY...see blog.
Oh you pink pooper.
*toot*
Post a Comment