Saturday, January 09, 2010

Ballet Girl

Lia has set her mind on discipline and toe dance. And loves it! Though the smallest girl in her class, Lia is one of the disciplined crowd. A natural. In pink.


Enrolling her at the age of almost three was certainly risky, but being able to buy that supercute tutu in the smallest size available was not the only reason for encouraging Lia to stretch her tiny toes. That girl has an overload of energy, a great sense of rhythm, and a great love for everything pink. So please. Do you know that awful pain in your cheeks when you've smiled for way too long? That's the way both Lia and I felt during her first class.
The first five 'short-sleeved' pictures were all taken during her first class. The tiny girl in the middle taking center stage? Mine.



Watching those little dwarfs twirling around is hilarious.


Thanks to countless scarf dance sessions at Kindermusik Lia had no problem blending in and could impress everyone with her scarfy professionality.


Fairy flying by.


Lia really is a little tombboy who would probably also excell in wrestling. But I couldn't find a class for her age and I'm not sure they have pink outfits. But never mind. For now we hit the mark with ballet. And that bruise on her right cheek fits the overall image. A dangerous backward flip from a kitchen chair followed by some precise pirouettes.


A week before the holidays the parents and grandparents were invited to a little show. The girls were so cute to watch, and the audience was giggling with delight. Stage fright does certainly not exist at the tender age of three, and the girls would not look beyond their ballet bubble. Posture is everything. Straight back, pointed toes, broad smile.


Tiptoe, tiptoe.


Naughty little worms peeking out of tiny slipper.


Ballerina with belly. This does not get any cuter. Sigh.

9 comments:

Ulrike H. said...

You're absolutely right. It doesn't get any cuter. Too bad she wasn't in "Fame". It would have saved the whole movie! And something would have actually been happpening in this film, I'm sure.

Alexandra said...

Bummer. I wanted to say "It doe not get any cuter" too! (except maybe on Ben's 11 month blog - some time when he's 2 days shy of 12 months, ey?)

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

OH. MY. Daughter-in-Law. LOVEEEEE-LY. Just gorgeousness....I'm SO glad I have a girl! AH!

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

(...and that we KNOW such a BEAUTIFUL one!)

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

F*^#! I wish we had some professional photos. Soft serious face at barre...toes pointed...oh.my.

Scott & Yael said...

Wow! How precious she is!

Anonymous said...

wie süß. werde das Schmunzeln nicht mehr los!!

KatjaW said...

Precious! We stopped that ballet-thing again because Martha didn't want to stay without motherly 'entourage'...so sad. But maybe later!
Lia really is a natural!

JPs und MAs Mama said...

Wie süß, als hätte sie nie etwas anderes gemacht.