Afula Express
This picture conjures up a ton of fond childhood memories! I actually celebrated my third birthday in that garden with all the kids from the neighborhood. But wait, this isn't me, it's my tattooed daughter visiting her Great Aunt Chedva!

My aunt is in her late 80's (I'm probably not supposed to write this) and is being looked after at home by the nicest Philippine nurse, Helen. So this was the very first time I couldn't stay with her. Kind of tough. But we dropped by as often as we could.

Chedva, by the way, is our biggest blog fan and has pictures of Lia and Ben all over her little house. Her daughter says, she hasn't been that crazy about her own (10!) grandchildren. Here she is with cuddlesome (and gigantic looking!) Ben.

Ok, this is absolutely uncanny to have my own daughter linger on these stairs. Barefoot. Just like me, countless times before.



5 comments:
*sigh*
yeah, that 'bout sums it up. Its so wonderful that little peanut(s) could be in those same spots, with those same people...just awesome.
tolle Erinnerungen sind das! Lia scheint aber auch voll in ihrem Element zu sein. jetzt fehlen nur noch Fotos von little Niritchen vor 26 (29-3) Jahren. bitte nachreichen!!
Hey, Brandy, I was going to say that! But now you already said it! *sigh*... *sigh*
Again - it's so cool - you guys always seem to have the best of times. Keep it up!
I laughed out loud when I read about the inward pointed feet. So true!
Beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment