Sunday, September 05, 2010

Pat-a-cake
or:
how to bake a carrot cake and not eat it 


Actually, I have no idea how to bake a cake and not eat it. Unlike Lia, who helped me create this delicious carroty composition, but chose to eat a kiwi instead. Never mind, Ben and I were more than glad to share the calories. Now look at that perfect arrangement of marzipan carrots:


The proudest and probably slimmest baker ever:

5 comments:

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! THOSE CARROTS!

Nirit, Thiemo, Lia and Ben said...

YES! We do have traditions. Like numbered shirts and marzipan carrots, though these are not as old as Lia is and didn't travel all that far like their carrot cousins who had the honor to bathe in cream cheese frosting.

Alexandra said...

German carrots. Made from sugar, unlike carrots in English speaking countries. No sense of humour there, I say. No sense of cake. This looks very good, we would surely have shared the cals!

Ulrike H. said...

I hope those are Lübecker carrots!

I can't believe how someone can LOOK so enthusiastic about a cake and then doesn't care for it at all. If I couldn't tell by looking at her that she's definitely yours, Nirit, I'd be wondering ... can I come over and have a piece???

Anonymous said...

das ist ein Wunder: wie kann man diesen Kuchen so dicht vor der Nase haben und nichts davon essen?? Mir läuft schon beim Fotoanschauen das Wasser im Mund zusammen!!Süße kleine Back-Madame!!! und so kreativ!!!