Thursday, April 15, 2010

Eggstra special hunt

There have been eggstra special weekends all over the planet.
And so we would like to share the eggstra special things we've done during a very special Easter weekend with our dear friends and fans. Speaking of which. You don't necessarily have to be a fan of Jesus to celebrate bunny day. Especially if you worship chocolate eggs and/or like a good egg hunt. On the most perfect spring day we took our kids to the most perfect venue for an eggstra special egg hunt. The Herrenhäuser Gärten. (And yes, our kids are most perfect, too.)



When asked by her grandma what presents she'd like the Easter bunny to bring her? And surely she would want some chocolate eggs?? Lia answered "No, the chocolate eggs are for my Mom. I would like the bunny to bring me a banana." The Easter bunny certainly fulfilled Mom's desire. And Lia had a great time finding and unwrapping the chocolate eggs for her Mommy. (And this is no joke. Lia unwrapped all the eggs and handed them over.)




It's called recycling when a bunny drops the eggs and eats them later. Right?



Ok Lia, stop munching that banana. There are baskets to fill.




Sadly, the Bunny didn't drop a whole lot of fruit.



When Lia sat down in protest, Ben took over.



Mommy's helper trying to feed Lia.
"Eat, little girl! You need to put on some weight! You're losing your pants!"




The yield:



For next year Lia has decided to cultivate her own banana tree.



Eating matzot and banbanas would make much more sense for Lia.



Despite the lack of fruit this has been an extra special day for Lia, and an extraextra special day for Mommy, who also celebrated her birthday and ate 29 chocolate eggs in her own honor, while her baby bunny was fast asleep dreaming of delicious fruit.



4 comments:

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

Well, now that Lia has an opinion of her own, I'm happy to see she has chosen such a healthy lifestyle...But more importantly there is plenty of chocolate leftover for her American Mother...uh, right?

(What a sweet little burrito in that last photo...*sigh*)

Alexandra said...

Aha. I see, two weeks after Eatser you put an eggstra special blog on so that I'll look like a double eggstra plagiariser when I finally get round to my eggstra egg thing. Oh well. Never mind.
But btw - in an easter hunt context it's only called recycling when parents steal the found eggs from their children's baskets and hide them again for eggstra many to be found. What you suggest should be called recycling can only be considered so if you produced the eggs in the first place, which you didn't. I hope. Cause if you had I'd prefer banana too!
Now - send me those missing 7 eggs you forgot to eat for your birthday, luv.

SU said...

wirklich unglaublich, wie Lia die Schokoeier auspackt und ganz cool weiterrreicht, so viel Selbstbeherrschung die kleine Madame! Lecker Schokoeier!!

Ulrike H. said...

Unwrapping and handing over chocolate eggs. Ok. That is weird. And so not her Mommy's style. Or mine. I'm speechless.