Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Kids cooking



Four busy little cooks chopping vegetables.
Lia took part at a kids' cookery course and learned how to prepare the most delicious meat balls (with hidden veggies) and other yummie dishes. Lia has been very creative in our own kitchen recently, preparing her own multi-layered sandwiches: one slice of bread, butter, one very thin slice of cucumber, one slice of salami, one slice of cheese (goodbye kosher) and a speck of butter that serves as glue for the cherry tomato on the very top. This time Lia took someone else's kitchen apart, namely that of
Anne.




A long, long time ago, Anne's kitchen was the university bookstore. I used to buy books by the Bronte sisters in their English original here. That was when the Amazon was nothing but a river. But this time I'm not here to engage my mind with 19th century literature, but to show my daughter how to efficiently chop zucchini with your left hand. Strange. But nice!

A perfect kitchen for tiny and tinier chefs.



Lia chopping with her left hand. Just like that Mama of hers. Will she also write her term papers with her left hand? Or will she remain in the cooking business? Hang on and see. We'll blog about it in round about 18 years.



Now if that ain't tasty looking? Definitely tasty licking!


Bon appetit, petite!

7 comments:

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I'M IN LOOOOOVE! How did you know Lo was going to start going to the mini-chef school over by Gymboree?! (2 nuts one shell!)

I am ALOS in LOOOOVE with Lia's perfectly PINK apron. I mean, what else would you use to whip up your tasty treats?!
*YUM*

Nirit, Thiemo, Lia and Ben said...

Sent from England with LOOOOVE.
Now what else would she wear? Girl insisted.

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

Why the heck isn't the girl next to Lia wearing pants?! Future "Naked Chef" perhaps?! ;)

Anonymous said...

perfekt. dann kocht uns Lia das nächste Mal etwas (anstelle Quiche). Kommen jetzt jeden Samstag!

I know another girl who doesn't like to wear pants ;-).

Bin schon gespannt auf die Posts in 18 Jahren; wie Mama das wohl anstellt mit der Kamera in der Disco...

Ulrike H. said...

Oh my god. How adorable. And how convienient. Next time I visit we can go directly to the couch, Nirit, hit "play" and let Lia do all the work! How about that! :-)

Can she make me one of those banana-grape schaschlicks? The look delicious.

And now: you're not telling me this is all happening in OUR bookstore????? The little cute one? Shame, shame, shame. :-(

Alexandra said...

Cute? So sweet she's edible I say. Someone better take great care we do not chomp right on, going green yellow green yellow green yellow green, big being and - oops - was that an ARM? Left, right, what the heck - I hope for Lia that the location in significant re future career choices. Books schmooks, look at us! Then look at Anne - food is where it's at!

Alexandra said...

Oh, and Brandy - you like the litle apron? Excellent, I'm sorted for birthday gifts all year long now - they also come in 'boy' :-) I'm putting in that bulk order right away - say, with an extra pink and an extra blue one in case of that extra 4th kid, yes?