Sunday, March 21, 2010

Walk this way


You are looking at Ben's first pair of walking shoes, carefully chosen, neatly arranged and photographed in front of a pretty flower pot by a slightly eccentric mother. Then the shoes were put on a proud little walker, who marched off so fast that he stumbled into the not so neatly arranged front garden.

Ben on his way to stamp down our plants.



I am now officially chasing two kids.
On the bright side, this means more shoe shopping!

Nordstrom, here we come! Then again, I see myself running past the high heels section in my newly bought sneakers.
Or should I for once get a pair of Manolo Blahniks and very slowly push this neatly arranged couple?

Yeah, right.

10 comments:

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

Save the Manolos for our next Italian excursion with our SIX children all neatly arranged in strollers, licking gelati with their hot mamas, slim and trim pushing ever so daintily behind in gorgeous shoes and clothing...young studly Italian men carrying our shopping bags... *sigh* It'll be GREAT!

Crocs for all this summer. Meet YOU at the piano man. (Bring the 'cookies'!)

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

(Then we'll zip across the street to get you a new stroller...one to fit your TALL daughter and growing WALKING boy!)

Ulrike H. said...

My vote is for the Manolos, even though you'll probably never wear them of will have to kick them off for the chasing part ... but at least they are pretty. Stay away from the crocs. I'll never get what people see in those. Ugh.

Alexandra said...

Six kids and "dainty behinds"? I do not think so! Mind, a little daily running would work miracles... Can't believe that that boy, being only 9 months ahead of mine as he is, is already in shoes. No way. Ben walks? Time flies!

Alexandra said...

(PS But if you ask me, then FLY LONDON are the most beautiful shoes that walk the earth.)

KatjaW said...

Ulrike, have you ever tried them? It's of course not a matter of fashion, just a matter of comfort and convenience because the kids can put them on themselves. ;)

Nirit, Thiemo, Lia and Ben said...

I'm going with Manolos for myself, Crocs for the kids (cause they seriously look adorable on them) and a very slim behind. Do I need to mention the Italians carrying my bags?? Naaa, they are my very sexy shadow. Needless to say.

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

Man oh man, people of such shoe opinions! Uli, Katja is right, the kids put them on themselves...gotta love their independence! Over age 8 you should be shot if caught wearing them. (They are completely hideous in large sizes and should be reserved ONLY for old women working in gardens..heh-hem, my mother-in-law...)
Alex, shut it. Dainty behinds AND six children. You read it right madam. I am NOT above liposuction OR plastic surgery...my Italian lover will pay for both mine and Nirit's new asses (DAINTY!) and throw in a few pairs of shoes too!

Nirit, Thiemo, Lia and Ben said...

And his credit card is so sexy.

Ulrike H. said...

I'm still shaking my head "no, no, no" regarding the Crocs in whatever size but definitely in ADULT sizes (HORROR!). But each to his own, no need to shoot anyone over plastic shoes.

The rest sounds pretty good to me. Especially the sexy credit card. I'm a bit jealous. ;-)