The Best Of
Lia's summer 09
The more action the better! Needless to say.
After a remarkable spring in Italy, Lia spent the summer months in Hannover. And there's plenty of cool stuff to do in Lower Saxony. It doesn't always take a plane to have some great adventure, sometimes it's enough to walk out the front door (and get into the car, American style) to have some fun!
And while we're at it, we gladly like to pick up some friends along the way.
Uli and Lia walking the streets of Hannover!
Excuse me, these are supposedly (really big) ponies.
It did take her some courage to get on this one, but there is almost nothing Lia won't try. And guess what, pony riding got pretty expensive for the parents! And pretty annoying for all the other kids, who had to wait in line.

After trying out all of them, Cowboy Small fell for the biggest pony, white with black dots. Looks like a horse to me! But who am I to judge, I'm not the horse riding kind of girl. Unlike Carolina ranch girl Lia. "Home, home on the range..."

By car, by horse, by boat!

And if you own your own yacht, better know how to swim!
Lia's first swimming class:

No arm floats for our tough cookie. Those are just for babies.
Waterfall!

Tired and wrapped in a bathrobe, Lia's not ready to wrap it up.

I wonder what the fall will bring??
Forget Hannover, I think I saw some plane tickets!
Get ready for some great adventures in the Middle East! (And I'm not talking about camel riding).


5 comments:
Ha - I strongly recommend the camel ride! I did it once and it made the horrible quad ride through the desert quite worth it in the end! Lia would love it!
Are those some plane tickets actually booked or is it still in the planning stages? I wonder how Ben and Lia will be living out their Middle Eastern genes!
Indeed a lot of fun to be had in Lower Saxony... Could there be more still somewhere in the Middle East?
OK Uli, what did you do to Lia that she is crying in that photo???
Our brave girl on top of a floating island in the middle of a sea of pee...I mean, uh, anyway, she looks like such a lovely seal! We're going to try it this fall too I think...Lo in swimming and Baby in gymnastics. Hey, where are those pics?!
As usual, I am thoroughly enjoying your post. Lia is so adorable and looks so lovely on a horse (definitely not a pony size). And I am impressed that she went on a boat on her own! Go Lia! It also reminds that that it's time to sign Liam up for swim classes now that we got a membership at the YMCA (in hopes that when he's in swim class I can actually work out and lose those last lbs/kilos). Oh, are you actually going to Israel or is it just planning still? Or is it not just Israel considering you said the Middle East. Will Thiemo come with you or is it with your parents? I'm so excited for you. I still need an email from you with some tips on logistics with the two kids when Scott is away. Love your posts. They always make me happy to see Lia and now Ben being so wonderful (tfu tfu tfu)
Uhm, Brandy - who's crying?!
Post a Comment