The Birds and the Bees
Time flies! And so does Ben:

And our spirits, too! It's spring! I have no idea how, after a looong and eventful winter the season has changed so quickly. We have all enjoyed a whole lot of sunshine recently, but why am I talking about the weather? More than that we have enjoyed our two babies Lia and Ben. Both have changed so much in what seems a short period of time. Lia's hair has grown and Ben's hasn't fallen out yet! Lia has learned more letters of the alphabet and Ben already talks (babbles, coos, and smiles - whenever we're not sending him flying). We are enrolling them in school this summer. The two of them are happy and content little Peanuts. And I still don't know how to divide myself into two equal motherly parts. Any ideas?

The secenery: Hannover's lovely Barock gardens at Herrenhausen.
(Can't deny that the sun and lovely weather makes us utterly homesick. We miss North Carolina a lot, and our dear friends back home...)
The birds and the bees: kisses, kisses. We are nuts about them.

No pictures of the exhausted parents at night time, but one of our two lively kids in Pjs (and a kimono):

Getting ready for bed in our new house! We moved into our own 'space', a gorgeous space indeed. More pics to come, if I'll find the time to take them!
The birds and the bees: kisses, kisses. We are nuts about them.
No pictures of the exhausted parents at night time, but one of our two lively kids in Pjs (and a kimono):

Getting ready for bed in our new house! We moved into our own 'space', a gorgeous space indeed. More pics to come, if I'll find the time to take them!
6 comments:
AHHH! You're back! Thank goodness, we'd thought the gloomy weather had gotten the best of you all.
Not to be picky...I mean, you just got back and I don't want you to leave again, BUT... I feel as though I should bring to your attention the meaning of "Birds and Bees". Unless of course you guys have been having a bunch of sex and have produced these gorgeous children (yes) and just wanted to title your post after that fact. Hm. Lia's do-rag is popping into my head right now...
schön Euch hier wieder zu sehen, so strahlend und glücklich alle vier!! gut gemacht!! LG, SU
PS: Träume in der ersten Nacht, die in Erfüllung gehen sollen? Oder geschafft traumlos geschlafen?
Aaaah, this really heightens the anticipation of seeing you soon! Finally you're back - with a working phone line - from the stone ages (or something like it).
You may employ me three times a week to help you figure out the whole dividing part - while I am shamefully bad at maths (hopefully not required), I'm pretty good at SHARING and providing an extra set of arms. Deal? You may have to negotiate with my husband as to me quitting a well-paying job for going pro bono, but what the heck? I'm all for it.
And regarding the birds and the bees - are you seriously talking about those again? Already? Geeee ... but looking at those peanuts who wouldn't want more nuts?
Glad to see your back! I sent you a VERY belated gift for Ben to your in-laws?? house....the address Brandy gave me. I didn't know you had already moved into your own place!!
So glad to have you back! And no, there's no way to divide yourself to two equal motherly parts - on some days one child gets more of you than the other and then on other days it's the other way around. At least that's how it is here. It's impossible to always be 50-50 exactly. You can only do your best and the thing is, that's all your kids know and for them it's more than good enough.
Post a Comment