Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Outer Banks

After returning home to the States we didn't last very long on the couch. We decided to get to know our State a bit better and treated ourselves to a trip to the Outer Banks, a string of islands off the coast of North Carolina. Five days of fresh air and walks on the beach! AND an adventurous trip on a speed boat along the lovely East Coast! We even saw some dolphins!

Ok, I guess we did more lounging than walking, but who can resist a locally crafted hammock?

Swing!

Father and daughter on dolphin watch:


Even though it was August, the weather got a bit chillier than anticipated. On we put four layers of summer clothes, left our shoes in the car, and braved the wind and rain to boost our health!



Watch Lia enjoying a rainy day at the beach! (Video) (Oh, and please excuse our language!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. Seriously jealous. I want to go to the beach, too. The weather is rotten over hear. Fall's just around the corner, it seems. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

"here", I mean.

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

Oh Lia, I love that you've taken the Italian word for "poop" instead of your German. Seems you left "Kacki" here with Lorenzo. Silly kids, not only do you swap spit in your glasses, but language too?!

Anwohner des Stadtwerders said...

Hey Lia, wie schön Dich wieder zu sehen!!! Du fehlst uns sehr und Deine Eltern auch!! Viele liebe Grüße, Su und Chrischie