All done!


This is not just a snapshot. It's Lia's new habit. Basically there is no need to do the dishes after dinner as everything is licked clean. I feel like a four-star chef with this kind of acknowledgement. We have been using a little bit of sign language in our household, and today it has paid off. For Peanut, of course! She was bringing her hand to her mouth and smacked her lips to tell me that she wanted to 'eat'! Clever girl that she is she has invented her own signs for communicating her appetite, like clicking with her tongue, or bringing us her bib. When it comes to food there can be no misunderstandings! 'All done' is another sign I use, and when Lia is lifting her shiny bowl like a trophy, she will enthusicatally scream 'daaaaaaa!' to say that she is 'done'. I think the day I'll introduce the sign for 'more' Princess Peanut will refuse to get out of her royal high chair. Bon appetit.
5 comments:
O.K., das beruhigt mich etwas... Merles Portionen nähern sich irgendwie meinen an und wenn ich mit ihr im Käseladen stehe, muss ich immer erstmal klarstellen, dass Merle NICHT seit zwei Monaten nichts zu essen bekommen hat. Die Verkäufer sagen zwar immer, dass sie sie soooo süß finden, aber wahrscheinlich geben sie ihr aus Mitleid eine ganze Scheibe Käse oder ein ganzes Wiener - natürlich keine Frage, dass die Mampfmaus das alles unter Freudenschreien wegschnabuliert... Und MEHR ist eindeutig nicht misszuverstehen...
lol. cooles foto! und "more" ist doch wirklich ein sehr nützliches Wort, wenn man sich das Foto so anguckt. Vielleicht IST das schon das Zeichen für "mehr"? Und wenn sie "daaaaaaa" ruft, meint sie vielleicht nicht "done!" sondern "duh!?" im Sinne von "spinnste, Mami? Ich will MORE! Denn ich LIEBE Gemüse!" Nur so ein Gedanke ... aber Mama weiß das sicher besser.
Liebe Grüße
Uli
You really gotta love a gal who can eat like that! Liam
Lia, I will teach you the sign for 'more' (I just did it for the first time a couple of days ago). And you teach me the signs you already know, ok? Liam
"Hmph!,"says Lia...also known as "BUONA!"
Post a Comment