That's where we went! A three-hour drive to the ONE place in South Carolina I would move to in an instant. For good. It's this tiny city's flair, European, modern, and all scruffy and flawed. A bit like Tel Aviv, really, minus the horses. (Ok, I want a house in Charleston and an apartment in Tel Aviv, please.) The buzz (whose prerequisite are actual sidewalks AND pedestrians) just gets us every time... Plus the sunshine, the salty air, and the little pearls of sweat on the upper lip.
Charleston. For us this means wind in our hair, sand between our toes, shopping bags in our hands, and great food on our plates. Lia loved all of it. Ok, almost all of it. The sand between her toes really freaked her out. The sand-part of being at the beach still scares her, but she mastered the unsteady ground with her socks and boots on. Yes, socks are the one must-have item! Also, our day at the beach was a bit windy and cold, so socks are justifiable.As are all the other must-haves Lia got on her shopping spree. (VIDEO!)

The weekend we spent in Charleston was rounded off by a great dinner at our favorite restaurant Lana's that is hidden in the dilapidated part of Charleston. We were the only guests with funny accents, but since they have known us for quite a while (me pregnant with lots of special wishes) and also appreciate our great appetite (including Lia's!), we are always welcome. Lia ate an entire chicken breast, plus a big platter of fried vegetables. It's a wonder really that her skirt still fits her. She must have inherited her mom's metabolism.
Charleston, our love. Kiss, kiss!

6 comments:
oh my GOD! The video! So thats the secret eh? We've just got to give the 'nuts their own shopping bags!
And those last photos? My FAVORITES of Lia!
Baci!
Meine Güte Lia, shoppen wie eine Große! Das scheint Dir im Blut zu liegen, so sicher wie Du Dich auf dem Shopping-Catwalk bewegst. Rückt der Papa auch ordentlich Taschengeld raus? Liebe Grüße, Tante Su
Oooooh, that looks like so much fun! What I'd give for a walk on the beach ...
I love that cool little denim mini-skirt! And I'm gonna stop laughing in a second - because ... do I see a "twisted" foot there? Mommy knows what I mean ... maybe some more inherited characteristics other than a great tush and an awesome appetite coupled with a fantastic metabolism?
Love
Uli
actually, at closer inspection, that really is no twist but just a step ... or is it? nevermind ...
Uli
uli, believe me, it IS indeed a twist.
yeah, I like to think so, too.
Uli
Post a Comment