Friday, March 16, 2012

Glamor girl

With spring comes the wish for some change (on the side of the mother), and so it's time to be courageous (on the side of the daughter) and cut off some of that hair that has been tickling Lia's butt recently.




The mother is very pleased, the daughter in a state of shock.
She was very brave, did sit very still, did NOT say a word, and then burst into tears in the restrooms. Sorry, Peanut, but you do look gorgeous!




Still, pictures with a smiling face are obligatory,
no matter how shocked you are.




Here she is, my new and improved daughter. Pling!




It takes time to get used to some radical change...


P.S. This post needs to be read with a sense of HUMOR.
My daughter asked for a new haircut (not a piercing),
and LOVES her new look!

12 comments:

KatjaW said...

OH my. Did she want to have it cut or you? Would never do that with my girls. I remember when I cut Ida's hair (and not anywhere near as short as Lia's) and we both had a hard time adapting. Hope you're both doing well!

Nirit, Thiemo, Lia and Ben said...

Alles gut. She wanted to. It WAS a big shock, she did cry, now she loves it. And is glued to the mirror. Besides, you cannot force a girl called Lia.

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

Katja you crack me up! She didn't get a tattoo!!! ;) Although, THAT would be cool too (Li + Lo 4ever?) !
Its adorable and super chic. I love it. It makes her look hip and young and modern. Yep, love it.

Su said...

Mensch Pillie, das sieht aber toll aus, richtig chic und doch frech! Wir lieben Dich mit neuem Haarschnitt.

Obwohl ich beim ersten Bild erschrocken war. Der Schreck hat sich aber sofort in ein erleichtertes Lächeln aufgelöst, als ich die tollen Fotos sah!

Steht dir wirklich gut. Und wann ist die Mama dran?

Alexandra said...

I'm in shock too!

Ulrike H. said...

Oh. THAT'S where the hair went. Now I get it. I'm a bit shocked, too, but she looks beautiful as ever. Love it.

And really, Lia, your Mom is the best girl to get rid of some considerable inches of hair with. You can trust her. She won't let anyone do something horrible. But is all for taking chances. And really easy to insult, when someone suggests blue streaks in perfectly colored hair. :-)

(now don't you get ideas about tattoos. You're not a pirate.)

KatjaW said...

We're all different I guess, Brandy. I would have talked my children out of it because I wouldn't want them to cry on the restroom. And because I know that this would happen to my girls, too, after such a radical change. Which does not mean that I don't like the cut.

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

Uli, your tatto would read "ARRG!" Across your knuckles. Katja, yours "Pfft!"

I'm off to pull a Sinaid O'Connor.. BAha ha haha!!

Ulrike H. said...

No, Brandy. It would probably read "don't tell Mama!" and certainly not across MY knuckles unless a pirate hit me on the head with a bottle of rum. :-)

Now you have fun getting your hair cut. Personally I always liked the Sinead. Good luck with that. :-)

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

Uli, darn it, I've been denied the cut for spelling the ol'gal's name wrong. :( Boo. Tattoo it is!

Mine will read "Lighten up"...and I'll show it off when appropriate ;)

Ulrike H. said...

Ah bummer, Brandy. That would have been a cool look on you, I guess. But it is what it is. Better luck next time. Meanwhile, we just have to adore that little girl's lovely new do. Easy-peasy. It is lovely and I'm a fan. Of the hair AND the girl.

Cristina said...

SCHÖÖÖÖÖNNNNN!!!
Die Ventosa Männer sind voll begeistert von Lia´s neue Frisur!! Besonders Marc....Und ich auch!
Sehr mutig! es hat sich aber gelohnt!!!

Schöne liebe Grüße!!