Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wrapping up the summer



The farmers have been busy, they have wrapped up the summer in nice round farewell bales. We are fine with that, a stiff breeze from North Sea is blowing our way. But who knows, maybe we are lucky and the sun is vacationing at the Lake District with us. Just to be on the safe side I will pack my collection of Fulton umbrellas, the Queen's preferred umbrella brand. One more week to go!








8 comments:

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

ADORE that top photo.
A.DORE.

Ulrike H. said...

Lovely pics!

We're still hoping for summer to say HELLO. Counting the days till Italy. Hoping to be able to leave umbrellas and raincoats at home. But then, I don't own any of the queen's favorites.

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

Uli, Italy?! Where? FUN! FOOD! SUN!

Su said...

Süßer kleiner Blondschopf!!

Ulrike H. said...

Como! 10 days! FOOD! FUN! SUN! (I hope)

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

and WATER! WIND! Bring a jacket! Sending some sun your way! But only if you eat some gelato for me :)

Ulrike H. said...

oh, don't worry. I'll eat some gelato for you, a lot for Tom and anyone else who won't be having any and way too much for me. :-)

Alexandra said...

nice bales! and nice pics!!!