For the last weeks Lia has been painstakingly practicing and polishing her kindergarten skills.


Ready? Of course we are. No, not WE, but Lia. I am scared ****less, but that's just me, an overly worried mother who is not very good at letting her baby go. In an attempt to mentally prepare Lia for the new phase of life that is about to start, we have been reading books about kindergarten and talked so much about it, that Lia has started to think of herself as an accomplished kindergarten kid weeks before her enrolment. "Hello I'm Lia and I'm going to kindergarten!" "Ich geh schon in den Kinnagarten!" I think I've brainwashed her quite a bit. I simply wanted her to have an idea of what lies ahead of her. I've also told her a couple of times that the little girl that lives in our street will be in the same group with her. So on the morning of her big day I asked her: "And who will be in kindergarden with you?" And she smiled a big smile at me and answered: "Lorenzo!" And that's when I got all teary and my (still) two-year-old daughter told me not to cry. Quite the opposite of what some other families go through on their first day of kindergarten.

When I went to pick her up after her first day alone in kindergarten, I was so nervous that I was running instead of walking. Of course Lia was happily playing with the other kids and refused to go home with me. And this is her first masterpiece for mom to stick on the fridge: a sparkly nocturnal sky.

5 comments:
Gruppenbär, wie süß!!! Hat die kleine Gruppenbärin auch schon eine "Kindaschere" benutzt für ihr erstes Meisterwerk? Wenn man Lia auf den Bildern sieht, lässig fürs Foto posierend, glaubt man kaum, dass sie erst in den Kindergarten geht und nicht schon aufs Gymnasium. So cool!!!
PS: happy birthday Minimadame, wir melden uns gleich mal!!
What a lovely story. And what lovely bags!!! And of course it's go to be the pink one ;-)
Wow, I wonder when all of this happened? How can she possibly be a Gruppenbär already? But she looks so proud, happy and excited so I guess it's okay that she's getting to be such a big girl so fast - this girl is having fun!
Lovely!
Happy 3rd birthday! We love you, Lia.
...Starting her career at the ripe old age of 2; almost 3. I think our little social butterfly will have a blast, but Lo and Li won't be able to swap playground stories for another year I think. Someone is too busy holding on for a bit longer... ;)
Tears to me eyes! What a lovely kindergartner! Congratulations Lia on being such a big girl. Have fun!
Post a Comment