Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Kick it like Daddy


Even though our educational efforts seem futile at some moments (especially when a 'nein!' is answered with no more than a cheeky grin), Lia is picking up so many new things that we can barely keep up with her. Sometimes she will 'watch and learn' as we teach her new things, as for example how to give her teddy bear Steve a kiss on the nose. It's sooo cute to see her kiss and cuddle Stevie, although I get really jealous when that furry thing gets more of Lia's sweet lovin' than I do. And there is so much more, like Lia's first imitation of an animal, which is the sound of an angry swan. I'm not kidding! One of her animal books features a swan, and Lia can perfectly do that angry 'chchch' that swans do when you get too close. And much to Daddy's delight: Lia can kick the ball like a professional soccer player! Did she learn it when watching that world cup DVD on our computer? Or when Thiemo demonstrated his latest soccer tricks in the living room? Any which way, here is the educational result, of which we are so proud! A video of our athletic daughter:


girl soccer rocks!

5 comments:

Scott & Yael said...

Lia, I can't wait to play soccer with you and our dads. I think you are the cutest soccer player in the world. Liam

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

OF COURSE! Lia was born in the grand US of A where even GIRLS play soccer and kick some serious be-hind! GO bend someone like Beckham!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lia, das hätt ich gern gesehen. Dein Onkel Chrischie ist super stolz auf Dich!!!! - leider funktioniert das Video bei mir nicht. LG, Tante Su

Anonymous said...

Jetzt klappts! Super cool - großes Talent - ganz der Papa ;-). LG, Su

Anonymous said...

cool! soccer moms and tots!

Viele Grüße von einer Nordsee-Heimkehrerin!